Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My car got broken into again...

...for the second time in less than 10 months. The first time my car got broken into was last Christmas -- they broke my window but did not steal anything. This time, they did not break any glass (thankfully) but they stole my stereo and a few other little things. Well, at least my car is still there.

Even though it was an unpleasant experience, I'm thankful to God because I found out from my response to the incident that God is at work in me. See, I could've been extremely bitter about the whole thing. I could've whined and complained endlessly about it, just like I've used to in the past.

However, I found myself praying a blessing for the thieves, and asking God to forgive them because they do not know what they're doing. I prayed that God will protect them and that they would not have the desire to steal again.

So, I thank God that my car was broken into. It showed that God is truly at work in me, and is using this incident as part of my sanctification. God wants me to trust in Him even more.

I lost my stereo, so that means very quiet commutes to and from work. But I still have Jesus Christ, and that's all that matters.
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." - James 1:2-4 (ESV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home