Sunday, October 02, 2005

"I lost my family!"

Let me tell you about this cute little girl in our church. She was originally from Russia but was adopted by one of the kind families here. I'm always inspired by the many families in our church who would go out of their way to adopt children from less fortunate places, so that they can have a fresh start in life under the care of a loving family.

Well, back to this little girl. Whenever she sees my wife and I, for some reason she'll always come up to us and give us a hug (especially my wife.. I'm not as huggable I guess!). That's interesting because we aren't exactly close to her or her family.. but still, she always does these cute little things and we remember her for that.

Today we saw her again in the church auditorium, where she was running around with a friend looking for something or someone.. when she saw us, she said in a high-pitched voice, "I lost my family!" before she sped off again. It turned out that she was looking for her parents and brothers, who were probably chatting with their friends somewhere in the church building. I'm sure she finally found her family in the end.

On the way home from church, I thought about what she said. And I realized, how wonderful it is that when God adopts us into His own family, we will never ever have to say, "I lost my family"? When Jesus died on the cross, our sins are forgiven forever, and not only that, God even adopts us -- yes, us filthy hellbound sinners who mock and hate God -- to be His children. This is grace of the highest measure, considering that we were sworn enemies of God and yet God sent His Son for us, and then tells us that...

"...neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

What a faithful loving God we have! His love and grace we will never be able to fully understand. Praise the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home